Randomize Questions presents the assessment questions in a different order for the assigned students. This provides teachers a way of giving different versions of the same assessment to students instead of having to create several different versions of the test manually.
*Note - this setting is available for Advanced and Simple assessments.
How to Randomize Questions
- Step 1: Select the assessment you'd like to assign from your drafts list.
- Step 2: Click the ellipsis to the right of the desired assessment and choose Assign.
- After determining the students, due dates, start dates, availability windows, and instructions, check the box for Randomize Questions.
Things to note:
- When teachers review Assessment Analytics, the order of the items will match the order in the assessment builder.
- For Advanced Assessments, this setting randomizes the items, not the questions within the item.
- This setting does not randomize the answer choices.
- Students are not made explicitly aware of the fact that questions are randomized. Unless the creator of the assessment manually numbered the questions, the student will have no indication of randomization of questions.