This article will show you how to download the Respondus Lockdown Browser app on an iPad. This process needs to be completed on each students' device before the Lockdown Browser will work.
What is the Lockdown Browser?
The Lockdown Browser will prevent students from using any other programs or tabs while taking the assessment.
How Students Download the Respondus Lockdown Browser
- Step 1: Students will need to search for and download the following app on the App Store.
- Step 2: Once this is downloaded on the iPad, students can begin the assessment as normal by navigating to Otus and clicking through the assessment module to begin their assessment. Since the lockdown browser for iPad has already been downloaded, students should just click Take Assessment.
- Step 3: The first time they use the lockdown browser, students will be asked to give the browser access to the iPad's camera and microphone, as some assessment answers can require a video or audio recording. Have the students click OK to give those permissions.
- Step 4: Finally, the students will be asked to Confirm App Self-Lock. Have them click Yes, and the assessment should begin in the lockdown browser.
- Step 5: When they are finished, they will click submit at the end of the assessment, and they can click the home button on the iPad to return to their app view and re-enter Otus through Chrome or Safari.