Polls are engaging and formative displays of student understanding. Students can answer poll questions in real-time and visualize the results within the platform.
Create a Poll
Select the Poll module. This will automatically put you on the Create page. Select the desired class.
1 - Select either Multiple Choice, True/False, or Free Response
- Multiple Choice: will have four options (you are unable to remove or add options to a poll)
- True/False: students will be presented with the answer options ‘True or False’ in response to the poll question.
- Free Response: students to type their responses to the poll question.
2 - Enter the content of the poll. If it is a multiple choice poll, enter the answer options.
3 - Poll Options:
- Allow Resubmission - if this is toggled on, the student can submit an answer more than once. If this is kept toggled off, the student will only be able to submit an answer once
- Set End Time - if this is toggled on, you will be prompted to select a date/time for which the poll will close. If this is kept toggled off, the poll will be open until you choose to deactivate the poll.
4 - If you wish to start the poll at a later time, you can click Save and Exit; you can go back to the poll at any time to start it.
5 - If you wish to start the poll immediately, select Start Poll
What does it look like for Students?
- Students will click on the Poll module and choose the correct class from the dropdown menu
- They will then have immediate access to the poll. When they are finished answering, they will hit Submit.