Adding a Co-Teacher for Clever Districts
Add a co-teacher to your Otus class who is NOT in Clever or your SIS
If you want to add a co-teacher to your class and this teacher is not listed in your SIS or Clever, you can do so by manually adding them to your class in Otus. Here is how! They will not be removed by the nightly sync between Otus and Clever.
*If this class already has a co-teacher coming in from Clever, this new co-teacher who was manually added will be removed during the nightly sync and will need to be added as a co-teacher to the class in your SIS or Clever.
Add a co-teacher to your Otus class who IS in Clever or your SIS
If you want to add a co-teacher to your class in Otus and they already exist is your SIS or in Clever, the teacher will need to be added as a co-teacher in your SIS or Clever. If you try to add them manually in Otus, the nightly sync will remove them.
Your district can manually add co-teachers to sections in Clever directly from a section's detail page. Sections can be accessed using the search bar at the top of your Clever dashboard.
*Co-teachers added in Clever will be seen 24 hours later in Otus.
For information on how to add a co-teacher in Clever, select here!
Adding a Fake/Practice Student
To add a fake/practice student to Otus, which would be beneficial for testing a practice purposes, you will need to create a custom students in Clever.
Custom students cannot be added to classes that are synced from your SIS, but they can be added to custom sections. Creating a custom class + adding a custom student will allow teachers and administration to do testing as a student if need be.
Create a Custom Student in Clever
- Navigate to the Custom Data Page in Clever.
- Select Add custom data > Students and a Create student form will appear.
- Fill out Create Student Form.
- Once this student is created, the custom student can be treated as a student that is being synced by the SIS.
To see more details on creating a custom student in Clever, select here!
Create a Custom Section in Clever
- In Clever, Navigate to your Support Tools > Custom Data page.
- Select Add custom data > Sections
- Name section and add all required information.
- Add teacher(s): select the primary teacher who should be associated with the section. You can also add up to nine co-teachers for each custom section. Select Next to proceed.
- Indicate which of the teachers will be the primary teacher for the section. Select Next to proceed.
- Add fake/practice student to the section. Select Next to proceed.
- Review the custom section to ensure the details look correct before selecting Create Section. *It will take up to 15 minutes for the newly created custom section to be available in Clever and an overnight sync will need to occur for the new information to be seen in Otus.
To see more details on creating a Custom Section in Clever, select here!