The Bookshelf is a place for teachers to upload and distribute resources to their students. This article will provide a brief overview of the Bookshelf module, and includes links to articles that contain more detailed information.
All of the resources you have added will be located in the My Bookshelf section.
- The default view will be of your All Resources page. This will show you every resources you've added to your bookshelf.
- Each class will have its own bookshelf, which can be accessed from the dropdown menu at the top of the page.
- Choosing a class from the dropdown menu will show you the resources that are shared with that class.
- You can organize the resources on your bookshelf into folders.
You can add several types of resources to your bookshelf.
- Selecting the + icon will allow you to add a resource, folder, or thin CC.
You can share the resources you've added to your bookshelf.
- You can share your resources with entire classes, individual students, groups of students, or other teachers.
Shared With Me
Any resource that has been shared with you will be located in the Shared With Me section.
- This section is meant for you to view any resources that have been shared with you.
- Since these resources are owned by other users, you aren't able to use these in lessons or share these with students.
- The best way to share resources to use in activities is to share the lesson containing the activities. Sharing the lesson will automatically add all resources to the recipient's My Bookshelf section.
This section gives you quick access to your Google Drive.
- Clicking on any resource here will take you directly to your Google Drive.
Finding Resources (OpenEd)
This section is where you can search for pre-made resources to add to your bookshelf. These resources will only be available until December 31st, 2020. On that date, OpenEd is discontinuing the use of their free resources.