The Class Board is used to post announcements for both students and parents to see.
If you have been using Otus for some time, you may have noticed the changes to our Class Board module!
This article will give you an overview of the updated Class Board, including the exciting new features it has to offer.
- Streamlined design
- Schedule posts for a future date
- Pin a single post to the top
- Enable/disable comments
- Title and keyword search
Accessing/Viewing the Class Board
From the home screen, navigate to the Classes Module, then Class Board.
- Filter between classes using the dropdown menu in the upper-right corner.
- Posts will appear with the most recent at the top (including scheduled posts).
- The pinned post (optional) will always appear at the top.
Class Board Layout
This section will give you a layout overview of both the entire board and an individual post.
- 1 - Class dropdown menu.
- 2 - Search for posts by title or keyword.
- 3 - Pushpin icon indicates that post has been pinned to the top of the board.
- 4 - If an image was embedded in the body of post, it will display to the right of the message preview.
- 5 - Date and time the post was published (or date and time the post is scheduled to publish).
- 6 - Number of attachments on that post. This will only display on published posts. To see the attachments on draft or scheduled post, click on the post itself.
- 7 - The ellipsis menu with the following options: Edit, Pin, or Delete.
- 8 - Status indicator: will either say Scheduled in red or Draft in blue.
- 9 - Comment counter: will display the number of comments have been left on that post (only if comments have been enabled for that post).
- 1 - Title and contents of the post.
- 2 - The ellipsis menu with the following options: Edit, Pin, or Delete.
- 3 - Audience (classes) that can see the post.
- 4 - Author, along with the date and time the post was published.
- 5 - List of attachments on the post.
- 6 - Date and time that attachment was added to the post.
- 7 - Comments on the post (if commenting is enabled).
Creating and Publishing a Post
- Each post requires a title, message content, and at least one audience (class).
- Links and images can be directly embedded into the message contents.
- Other file types can be added as attachments, such as audio messages, video messages, files, and more.
- Users can choose to keep comments disabled, or enable them under Settings.
- Posts can be published immediately, saved as drafts, or scheduled to post at a later date.
- Teachers will get a notification on their home page notification feed when a comment is made on a post.
Students will access their Class Board by navigating to the Classes module and selecting a class tile.
- Students only see published posts.
- They can choose from a list of their classes in the dropdown menu in the upper-right corner.
- Students can search posts by title or keyword.
- Students are able to view comments and attachments on the posts.
- They can comment on posts (if commenting is enabled).
- Students receive a notification on their home page notification feed when a class board post has been published in any of their classes (they will not get notifications for comments).
- Parents only see published posts.
- They can choose from a list of their student's classes in the dropdown menu in the upper-right corner.
- Parents can search posts by title or keyword.
- Parents are able to view comments and attachments on posts. Parents can only see comments made by the teacher and their student (they are unable to see comments made by other students).
- Parents are unable to comment on posts.
- Parents receive a notification on their home page notification feed when a post has been published on the class board of any of their student's classes.