You can assign assessments from within the assessment builder or from the draft assessments page (shown below).
Step 1: Select Assessments from the left-hand menu. Make sure you are in your draft assessments.
Step 2: Select the ellipsis to the right of the assessment and select Assign.
Step 3: Choose the students to assign it to.
- Choose one or more classes.
- Choose a group (optional)
- You can remove a student from the list by hovering over the name and clicking the X.
Step 4: Choose your Settings
- You can choose from many optional settings including due dates, start dates, availability windows, instructions, allowing multiple attempts, and many more. Click on the link below for more details on Assessment Settings.
Step 5: When ready to assign, select Assign in the upper-right hand corner of the screen.
Assigning Assessments FAQ
- Can I unassign an assessment from an entire class? Yes. This can be done by following the steps outlined in this article.
- Can I unassign an assessment from individual students? Yes. This is done through the Manage Assignees section. For more information, check out this article.
- What happens to the student scores if an assessment is unassigned? Student scores will be deleted. There is a warning presented when an assessment is selected to be unassigned. Please unassign assessments with extreme caution, as the student data attached to that assessment is not able to be retrieved.
- What if students need to be able to take the assessment more than once, do I have to assign it multiple times? No. You can use the Allow Multiple Attempts setting. For more information, check out this article.
- Can I assign the same assessment twice? Yes. A tip from the Otus Team - if you are assigning the same assessment twice, you may want to clone and re-name the assessment so you can distinguish between the two in the gradebook and in your list of assessments.
- Can I make edits to the assessment questions or answers after it has been assigned? You can make edits to any draft assessment at any time, but whether or not it will appear on the already assigned version depends on the type of assessment. Click HERE for more information (link coming soon).
- Can I change the settings as mentioned above in Step 4 after the assessment has been assigned? Yes. For more information on adjusting those settings, check out this article.
- What is the difference between deleting an assessment and unassigning an assessment? Deleting an assessment will remove the assessment from your drafts completely, along with all student scores attached to that assessment. Unassigning an assessment will remove student scores, but the assessment will remain in your drafts for you to use in the future.