You can assign assessments that you have created, as well as those that have been shared with you.
- Step 1: Select Assessments from the left-hand menu.
- Step 2: Click the ellipses to the right of the assessment you wish to assign; click Assign.
- Step 3: Choose the students to assign it to.
- Step 4: Dates and Availability - *Note - these are all optional; an assessment does not need due dates or availability windows to be assigned.
For more details on the Availability Window, click HERE.
- Step 5: Add instructions (optional)
- Step 6: Select Settings
- Lockdown Browser: If you've installed our custom Respondus Lockdown browser, you can toggle this feature on to prevent students from using any other programs or browser tabs until they've submitted their assessment. Learn more HERE.
- Timed Test: When timed test is selected, it will require you to enter the number of minutes that students will have for the assessment. After starting the assessment, students will have to complete the assessment within the allotted time. *note - if the student is still working on the assessment when time is up, their assessment will automatically save and submit. They will not have the option of going back into the assessment to finish.
- Include score in Gradebook: When selected, the results of this assessment will be calculated into the student's total grade. If not select, the assessment can be viewed in the gradebook for reference, but not calculated into the total.
- Allow Post-Grading Review: When selected, students will be able to re-enter their assessment to see their answers, as well as correct answers for the questions they got incorrect.
- Allow Multiple Attempts: When selected, students will be able to retake the assessment multiple times. As soon as they choose to retake an assessment, their previous answers and scores will be erased.
- Randomize Questions: When selected, this will randomly mix the order of the assessment questions for each student that takes the assessment.
When ready to assign, select Save in the upper-right hand corner of the screen.
*NOTE - Each of these settings can be adjusted (even after students have taken the assessment) by selecting the ellipsis next to the desired assessment on the Assigned Assessments page. From the next menu, select Edit to make changes to the assignment settings.
*What are my next steps?*
After you have assigned the assessment and students have completed, you may need to manually grade it, depending on question types included.
Check out the links below for grading assessments!