Zoom is website used for video conferencing. The free version of Zoom allows you to:
- Hold meetings up to 100 participants
- Hold unlimited 1 to 1 meetings
- Hold an unlimited number of group meetings (40 minute time limit on meetings with groups of 3 or more)
- Have access to online support
First, you'll need to create a free account here.
To Schedule a Meeting:
- Log into your Zoom account
- Click on Schedule a Meeting
- Fill out the meeting details and click Save.
- Copy the Join URL. Add this URL as a resources to your Otus Bookshelf. You can also add the link to a Lesson.
- When students click on the link, they will be taken directly to the meeting page. If you haven't opened the meeting, they will be prompted with a message that asks them to wait for the host.
- Once you start the meeting, the screen will look like this:
- You and the students will have the option to use computer audio, screen share, or use video (as long as permissions are set for the microphone and camera for Zoom to access).