What is a GradeCam Bubble Sheet Assessment?
Otus has partnered with GradeCam to integrate their Bubble Sheet Assessments into our assessment builder.
- Similar to the concept of Scantron Tests; teachers do not write actual test questions in Otus. Bubble Sheets are used as a place for students to indicate their answers for a test that is given on paper.
- Allows for a quick way to produce a multiple-choice style test (rubric-style questions also available).
- Students fill out a bubble sheet, of which is scanned in by the teacher via GradeCam for instant grading
Step 1: Begin the Assessment Creation
In your Assessments module, select Create Assessment. Select Bubble Sheet, and fill in the Assessment Name, Type, and Grading Scale.
Note: The grading scale for the assessment will be locked, but you can clone the assessment to change the grading scale from points to non-points and non-points to non-points.
Step 2: Add Your First Question
- this example will show multiple choice. For more information on rubric questions on bubble sheets, click HERE.
Step 3: Question Details
- Choose the correct answer(s) - you can select more than one
- Determine the point value
- Adjust the number of answer options (if needed). PLEASE NOTE - all questions will have the same number of answer options. This is a GradeCam limitation; you are unable to have a different number of answer options for questions within the same assessment.
IMPORTANT NOTE - if you are using a standards-based grading scale, you will not be able to edit the number of Answer Options
The number of Answer Options will depend on the scale you are using. For example, if you are using a scale that has 5 levels: Mastery, Near Mastery, Approaching Mastery, Below Mastery, and Well Below Mastery, there will be 5 Answer Options. This cannot be adjusted.
Step 4: Linking Standards
- Select Link Standards
- Click through the menus until you have reached the desired standard
- Check the box next to any standard you'd like to add to that item
- Select Link Standards at the bottom right-hand corner
Step 5: Add Additional Questions
- Repeat steps 2 - 4 until all questions have been added.
Now that you've started the creation process, you may want more information on the following Bubble Sheet components:
Bubble Sheets: Frequently Asked Questions
How do I remove standards attached to a question?
How do I re-order the questions?
Currently, you are unable to re-order the questions. However, you are able to adjust the answer to each question, without needing to re-order. See more options by clicking HERE
What if I need to change an answer after it has already been graded?
What if I need to change a standard after it has already been graded?