What Can a Teacher do on the Mobile App?
Click on the link in each sentence below to be taken directly to that section of this article.
- View the notification feed on the home page.
- View completion status of assessments (not started/graded).
- View class board comments.
- Assign, view, and edit recognitions.
- View individual students' overall grade and assessment scores.
- View individual students' standards performance.
- Email a student.
- Settings: change the mastery level, change the grading period, or log out.
- Log in to the Otus app the same way you would on your computer. If you usually use Google SSO on your computer, you should login to the app using Google SSO as well.
Notification Feed (Home Page)
The home page for the mobile app is the notification feed. This will mirror your notification feed that you see on your computer. You will receive notifications for assessments, class board comments, recognitions, and lessons.
➡️ Assessment Notifications
- Selecting an assessment notification takes you to a list of students that have not started, are in progress, have turned in the assessment, or have been graded.
➡️ Class Board Comments
- Selecting a class board notification takes you to the post.
➡️ Recognition Notifications
- Selecting a recognition notification will show you the student's individual recognition data.
➡️ Lesson Notifications
- The lesson notification will show you who has completed the lesson.
Assign, View, and Edit Recognitions
The mobile app allows teachers to assign, view, and edit recognitions.
➡️ To Assign Recognitions
➡️ To View and/or Edit Recognitions
Teachers can view all recognitions assigned to a student, as well as edit any recognitions they've assigned.
- Follow Step 1 from above.
View Student Grades
➡️ Overall Percentage & Individual Assessment Scores
Teachers can view a student's overall grade, as well as their scores on assessments.
➡️ Performance on Standards
Teachers can view a student's performance for the standards they've been assessed on.
- Follow Steps 1 and 2 from above.
Email a Student
You can email a student by following these steps:
➡️ Change the mastery setting you are viewing.
- Note - based on your district settings, you may not have all of the mastery settings as shown in the example below.
➡️ Change the grading period you are viewing.
- Note - based on your district settings, you may have a different amount of grading periods as shown in the example below.
➡️ Log Out
- Select Settings from the bottom fo the screen and select Log Out.