Enter in your email address and password associated with your Otus account. Upon login, teachers will see a list of their classes. By selecting one of the classes, you will see tiles for each of your students.
If you click on a student tile, you have two options:
- Assign Recognitions
- View Performance
- Once you've selected the one or more student(s) you'd like to assign recognitions to, select Assign Recognition.
- You will then see both negative and positive recognitions available. After you've selected the recognition(s) you'd like to assign, click Next.
- Here, you will have the option to leave a comment that will attach to the recognition for viewing in the Student Profile. Also notice the date and time shown at the bottom, which indicates when the student received that recognition. Select Done to complete the process.
Viewing Student Performance
You can view an individual student's performance by selecting their student tile and selecting View Performance. From there, you will have three options:
Select any of the three to expand the details for that category.
You can view a list of assessments that appear in the gradebook for that student. When you select an assessment you will see the following:
- Percentage (if it is points-based). *note - if the assessment was standards-based, there will not be a percentage.
- Category: this is shown to the right of the percentage. In the example below, this particular assessment was marked as a Test
- Points: In the example below, this student earned 5 out of the 7 possible points. Notice the ring around the points, giving a graphical representation of the points earned.
- Standards Assessed: All standards on that assessment will display beneath the the points, along with the percentage earned on that standard, as well as a color-coded mastery indicator.
You can view a list of standards that student has been assessed on. When you select a standard, you will see the following:
- Name and Attempts: at the top, you will find the name of the standard, and how many times that standard has been attempted.
- Level: In the example below, this student's level for this standard is Mastery.
- History: As you scroll down, you will be able to see the various attempts the student has had, as well as the level at which they performed. In the example below, you can see that on the second attempt, this student performed at a level of Developing.
You can view a list of recognitions that have been given to that student, as well as EDIT or DELETE any recognitions that you have given to that student. When you select a recognition, you will see the following:
- History: this will show how many times that recognition has been given, as well as the date and time it was given.
- Details: this will show any comments that are associated with that recognition.
- Edit and/or Delete: selecting the ellipses will allow you to edit or delete the recognition.