Now that you've started to build an advanced assessment, you may want to add a Highlight Image question.
➡️ Need help getting started with Advanced Assessments? Click here
In the Highlight Image question, the student can free-hand write or draw on an image or within a blank space.
💡 Tip from the Otus Team: Highlight Image is a great way to provide space for students to show their work. For more information, click here.
Build the Question
After you choose to create your own item, select the Highlight and Drawing category from the options on the left, then select Highlight Image.
Step 1: Compose Question
- Compose question: Type question prompt into this field.
- You have many formatting options from the Rich Text toolbar, including changing the font size, adding tables, using math symbols, adding multimedia, and more! Click here for more information on the different functions of the Rich Text toolbar.
Step 2: Add the Image
- Select the blue + Add button and choose the image from your device.
- Just want a blank work space? Don't upload an image; set the Width and Height of the space size you'd like, and that's all you need to provide a simple white space for your students to write/draw on.
Step 3: Choose Line Colors
- You can add up to six (6) line colors for students to use.
- To add a new color, select the blue + Add button.
- You can type the name of the color, such as "red", the RGB color code, or the Hex color code.
Set the Scoring
The Highlight Image question type is not an auto-scored question. This question will be manually scored by the teacher once the assessment has been turned in.
- Step 1: Expand the More Options section.
- Step 2: Add a point value into the Max score field.
- Step 3: Choose to award points to students just for attempting the question by adding a point value to the Minimum score if attempted field.
It's highly recommended to Preview the question as you are building it in the item. This displays the question as the students will see it and also verifies that the answers and scoring work as expected. Since this question is not auto-scored, you are previewing for formatting purposes here.
➡️ Want to preview the entire assessment? Click here for details.
After expanding the More options section, you can:
- Change the line width: Enter a numerical value in the Line width (px) field. The default is set to 5; use that as your point of reference. To decrease the width, set it to a value less than 5. To increase the width, set it to a value greater than 5.
- Change the font size: In the Font size dropdown menu, you can change the font size of all components of the question to small, normal, large, extra large, or huge.
Copyright © Learnosity Ltd. 2006-2020