Otus allows you to integrate NWEA data into the platform. In order to integrate this data, please click here.
To view NWEA data for a single student, navigate to the student profile.
From there, if they have any third party data, you will be able to access it under the Reports tab. Once you click on Reports, scroll down to see the NWEA data.
To see the data for groups of students, you may visualize this information in Analytics. To get started, select Analytics from the left side of the page.
Select NWEA tile from the list.
Choose the desired subject from the drop-down menu.
Choose the Growth Comparison Period from the drop-down menu.
Scroll down the page and you will find the Summary of NWEA Data. This summary details the count of students, the district mean RIT for the selected criteria, norm mean RIT for the selected criteria, and the average time spent on the assessment.
The pie charts will display the group with the highest score from 12:00 clockwise, and will show lower scores as the pie chart goes around.
From this view, you may select See Instructional Area Scores in order to view student performance based on a strand.
Immediately adjacent to Summary of NWEA data, you will find a pie chart that visualizes the students’ projected proficiency on the NWEA assessment based on the information that is uploaded in the dataset.
Scroll down the page to view a Group NWEA Breakdown based upon RIT. After selecting the desired subject, select the desired RIT category from the column labeled Overall Score.
You may select any student from the list and add them to a Flag in Otus by selecting Manage Flags.
Continue to scroll down the page where you will find an Individual NWEA Breakdown. You may scroll from left to right and select Student Progress to view a Student Progress Report for the selected student that will include their instructional area scores.
Descriptions of each column in the student progress report:
For Fall Data
- RIT Growth shows growth from prior Spring to that Fall
- Growth Projection should show null because NWEA does not have projections from Spring to Fall
For Winter Data
- RIT Growth shows growth from prior Fall to that Winter
- Growth Projection shows Fall to Winter growth.
For Spring Data
- If your district has Winter data: RIT Growth shows growth from prior Winter to that Spring. Growth Projection shows Winter to Spring projection.
- If the district does not have Winter data: RIT Growth shows growth from prior Fall to that Spring. Growth Projection should show Fall to Spring projection.
You now have the tools to analyze NWEA data in Otus and create flexible student groups with Otus Flags.